Monday, September 1, 2008

My Future

To be honest I have not given my future too much thought. This post is my opportunity to think about what I would like to be doing in about 10 years. I'm the kind of guy that has not even thought about my next semester. I guess that I kind of live in the present, but I don't do stupid decisions that I know will negatively effect my future.

In 10 years I will be 30 years old. That's scary to think about. To start off I'll talk about how I want my personal life to be. Hopefully by then I will have met that special girl and have a girlfriend or possibly be married. I am still not sure yet if I want to have children at all, but I know for sure I do not want to have children at 30. Maybe I will just have a dog or cat. Hopefully I'm not living too far away from my family. Right now and most likely in the future my family will still be around the Greenville area. I really hate the heat down in South Carolina, so I wouldn't mind maybe living in a state like North Carolina or Virginia. I used to live up in Vermont, but the weather is a little too cold there live in.

As far as my career is concerned, I was thinking about being some sort of financial analyst. There are a lot of different kinds of financial analysts, but I'm not sure exactly what kind I want to be yet. All I know is that I do not want to be a workaholic and work nights and weekends. I'd be happy with an 8-5 job. Money is not really what makes me happy. I'm happy with just an average income. Truly I would love to get involved in investing or working in some sort of sports gym or tennis center, which leads me to the next aspect of my life.

I hope to still be in pretty good shape. Right now I'm fairly muscular from when I used to lift weights religiously. I hope to maybe be lifting once or twice a week when I'm older, so I look healthy. I also want to still be playing tennis once or twice a week. I'm a huge tennis fan and I love to watch and play the sport, and I don't ever want that to change.

Currently my family is all very tight nit. Pretty much everyone talks to each other a couple times a week. I hope that my family is still like this in the future. I'm sure my two married sisters will have children by then, so it will be fun to watch our family grow. I also pray to God that everyone in our family is still healthy. My parents will be over 60, so I hope that when I'm 30 I get to see them a lot and take care of them.

Venting about this almost makes me feel sad. Just knowing that everything will be so different frightens me. I don't like to think that these are the best years of my life. I try to stay positive. The future is inevitable, so the best time to prepare for it is now.

No comments: