Thursday, October 23, 2008

Miscommunicated Information

I don't really recall any times where information was miscommunicated at any of my jobs. This is probably because I've only had a few jobs and usually I was working alone. I've played a lot of sports in my day, but there is only one time that stands out where information was miscommunicated. It was when I played football my junior year of high school. It was fourth down and like 3 yards to go. The coach told a player on our team to punt the football, but he thought the coach signaled a fake punt pass play. There was only one minute left in the half. We ended up not getting the first down, so it was a turnover on downs. It was high school football, so the aftermath wasn't anything major, but the coach was still furious. The other team was able to get a touchdown before the half ran out. Had we punted the ball, they probably would not have scored a touchdown.

I think there was a miscommunication because the player on our team did not know the signals very well. This shows how important it is to be prepared for whatever it is your doing in jobs or sports. Your actions can effect everyone. It could have easily been prevented if he studied our playbooks better.

No comments: