Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

I'm glad that my interview was not postponed. It's one of those things you just want to get out of the way. Going into the interview I was not nervous at all. I wasn't even sure what to expect. If the mock interview were with someone I had never met before, then I probably would have been a little nervous. Since it was you I felt fine going in. Also knowing that you had lost your voice gave me more confidence, since I figured we wouldn't be doing as many questions or something. It was a good thing I looked at the interview specs document right before I left my house, or I would have gone to the classroom for it.

There were a few questions that threw me. The one that I mostly remember was "What moment in your life were you most proud?" I couldn't even think of anything to answer for that one. I've been trying to think of a good answer for it, and now 3 days later I still have no idea what to say for it. Another question I wasn't sure about was the one you asked at the end, "Is there anything you would like to ask us?" At least I attempted to give an answer for that one, though it was pretty bad. A lot of the questions were difficult for me to answer because I really don't know much of anything about finance, and that's my major.

If I were to do the interview again, there isn't much I would change. The major thing I would have done is found a more specific job that I could learn about and given that to you. Had I known that when we printed a job description out that we would be interviewing for it, I probably would have put more thought into had. Knowing me I was zoning out during class when we talked about it.

This has been a valuable experience for me. I have learned some popular questions that I need to be able to answer when I am doing a real interview for a job. I also learned that I need to be better at answering tricky questions. I'm sure when I do go for an interview that I will remember this mock interview.

No comments: